ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties and Tasks for Telecommunications Engineering Specialist
• Review and evaluate requests from engineers, managers, and technicians for system modifications.
• Estimate costs for system or component implementation and operation.
• Prepare system activity and performance reports.
• Supervise maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
• Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
• Develop, maintain, or implement telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
• Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
• Prepare purchase requisitions for computer hardware and software, networking and telecommunications equipment, test equipment, cabling, or tools.
• Use computer software to prepare or evaluate network diagrams and Solution diagrams, floor plans, or site configurations for existing facilities, renovations, or new systems.
• Order or maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment, or hosting capacity as and when required
• Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network or telecoms traffic, security, charging and capacity.
• Manage user access to systems and equipment through account management and password administration.
• Instruct in the use of voice and data communications systems, such as voicemail and cloud PBX etc.
• Inspect sites to determine the physical configuration, such as device locations and conduit pathways.
• Implement system renovation projects in collaboration with technical staff, engineering consultants, installers, and vendors.
• Implement or perform preventive maintenance, backup, or recovery procedures.
• Implement controls to provide security for operating systems, software, and data.
• Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations.
• Document technical specifications and operating standards for telecommunications equipment.
• Document procedures for hardware and software installation and use.
• Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
• Consult with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases.
• Assess existing facilities' needs for new or modified telecommunications systems.
• Communicate with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
• Install, or coordinate the installation of, new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems.
• Work on different OCS platforms to configure and maintain charging for subscribers
• Integrate into different platforms based on solution requirements
• Analise and report on charging and transaction data
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
BSC degree or similar with relevant experience in the GSM arena
A bachelor's degree in a field such as electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering, systems engineering, or information systems is required.
As this role is a senior position it requires 5 to 10 years of experience.
Online Charging System (OCS) config and maintenance
SMS / USSD
DB + SQL