Digital Resilience Insight, currently operating out of South Africa and Amsterdam is a dynamic team of individuals who are passionate about helping our customers gain value from their data and driving customer experience.
We are looking for a junior cyber security specialist with preferably Splunk certifications to fill the role of Junior Solutions Architect and with a specialist interest in consulting, advising, and delivering end-to-end projects on both existing and new customers.
As a Splunk Elite Partner, Digital Resilience Insight seeks to expand its existing team with additional experience in the cyber security vertical to support customers in building out their cyber security journey and using Splunk to assist them in gaining real-time insights.
Combining your experience in using Splunk, together with Splunk who has been a Global leader in SIEM for nine years straight and an industry leader in the “Data to Everything” platform, we seek to support them in extending their lead with their bold new vision.
We are an output-based company focused on meeting customers' success criteria with the flexibility to work and deliver from anywhere in the world, with expansion from South Africa into Europe providing you with a unique growth opportunity globally. We have a work hard play hard mentality and believe in a strong work-life balance which ultimately benefits our customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise and lead our clients on our solutions by meeting with them, understanding their needs, and applying knowledge and research to solve their business problems.
• Be a subject matter expert and champion within your area of expertise and advise the Digital Resilience Insight management team regarding industry and vendor trends to ensure that we are always best positioned to assist our customers.
• Design detailed and well-formed architectural strategies and frameworks that describe, defend, and lead the adoption of those solutions within our customers.
• Assist clients to transform their business goals into technical vision with the ability to effectively communicate both the goals and vision.
• Build our practice through the establishment of key initiatives such as customer and partner training and ongoing self-certification.
• Establish key partnerships with relevant vendor management/technical leadership that will ultimately drive the success of our practice.
• Assists in the delivery of strategy, proof of concept, and proof of value as well as scoping services to our customers in various aspects of our solution offering.
• Assists in the successful delivery of designed and proposed solutions to our customers.
• Matric/Grade 12
• Industry Relevant Certifications in IT Architecture, IT Technologies and IT Management
• At least 1-3 years or more IT work experience in IT Service Management, Solution Architect, Cyber Security or a similar role.
• Experience proving Architectural guidance and advising or leading strategic decisions on the acquisition of analytics platforms
• Experience scoping, sizing and assisting with the sale of cloud and/or SaaS software solutions
• Demonstrated experience (via multiple examples) in successfully presenting architectural strategies and having those strategies adopted
• Demonstrated experience working as a member of a team to collectively arrive at an architectural solution
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and assignments effectively, including when participating in multiple assignments at a time
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical workshops, architectural sessions, and conversations with the goal of recommending integration solutions while staying open to discussing alternative solutions
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and objectively recommend alternative and/or additional vendor products as needed
• Demonstrated experience assisting with the creation of accurate cost estimates, including labour and software sizing, compliance, and licensing
• Experience building and leading teams
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including experience with written proposals, verbal presentations, and white-boarding
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
PREFERRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
• SIEM Experience (Splunk Preferred)
• SOC experience
• Some stakeholder management - consultancy in the security space (Cyber/Network)
• Knowledge of security tools
• Knowledge of deploying, integrating, and supporting clients for critical solutions in complex network environments.
• Event logging, network traffic, system logs, and application logs experience
• Experience with AWS/Azure (Not Essential)
• CISSP or relative degree (Not Essential)
• Splunk Architect or Higher (Preferred)
• Two (2) or more years of pre-sales or consulting experience
• Ability to perform billable product configuration
DATA PRIVACY & SECURITY:
• All Digital Resilience Insight employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Digital Resilience Insight policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire, monthly and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security-related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions and technical execution to customers and as such requires the ability to not only be able to function remotely but also travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis whether face-to-face or remote.