Senior Full-Stack Developer
Posted By: HR
Senior Full-Stack Developer: Job Description
- Proficient in C#, HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery
- MVC and WCF experience preferred
- Mobile experience preferred
- 6 month contract – renewable on performance
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support.
- Interpret requirements around functionality and translating those requirements into effective web and mobile solutions,
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Maintain quality and performance to ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Working with the front end developers and graphic designers to create compelling user interfaces and experiences.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Deliver solutions within agreed time and scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- MCSD preferred
- Proven development experience in web development (at least 5 to 10 years)
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture and usability design principles (at least 5 to 10 years)
- A track record of delivering successful projects
- Experience with API’s and 3rd party integration
- Experience with Code versioning tools (SVN, Git, etc)
- Experience with Bug Tracking tools (Redmine, Trac, etc)
- Understand project and development plans and be able to clearly articulate roles, project goals and timelines
- Adhere to coding standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employ our development tools.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and testing of technical solutions.
- Assist in the putting together the architectural foundation of software applications
- Understand standard systems development lifecycle processes and apply our methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
TECHNOLOGY CORE COMPETENCIES
You will be expected to develop software modules using the following technologies:
- C#, .NET Framework 3.5 and up
- WCF, SOAP, REST
- Windows Services, Scheduled Tasks
- XML, JSON
- HTML5,CSS3, JQuery, AngularJS
- Cross-platform mobile development tools (e.g. Cordova)
- Android and IOS Mobile Development
- Experience using Power BI
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience using Umbraco CMS
- Experience using social media APIs
- Experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience with deployments (IIS, DNS configurations, SSL installations, etc)
- Version control (e.g. SVN, Git)
SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE TASKS
- Responsible for taking the client’s specifications and developing them into the function aspects of the application ensuring strong functionality and optimisation, using programming code and design skills.
- Testing the software using accessibility guidelines, coding standards to agreed service levels and time scales.
- Responsible for ensuring the software is available for the Project Manager or/and Account Manager to present to the client for approval within agreed time scales.
- Responsible for making any changes agreed to the software, design and functionality that may be necessary and testing again in order for the Project Manager and/or Account Manager to represent to the client for approval if required.
- When approval is given by the client for the software to go live, responsible for moving files and code to the appropriate location; ensuring that it is functioning to the same standards and testing where appropriate.
- To perform any duties required by the support traffic manager.
From a professional engagement level you will be expected to exhibit the following behavioural attributes:
- Understand the professional development process; and become actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seek input and advice supervisors.
- Use good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
- Actively apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately complete and submit status reports in a timely manner.
- Listen to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Set high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establish harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciate each team member's contributions and value each individual member.
- Value internal and external clients and respond to their needs as they arise.
- Establish effective working relationship with clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to think out of the box
- Follow established communication guidelines.